Melville Athletics Club Inc, otherwise known as Melville ROAR Seniors, is affiliated with Athletics WA, who conduct all athletics meets at the WA Athletics Stadium.
Melville Little Athletes that are turning 12 years of age or older in year of competing (i.e. minimum age must be turning 12 on, or before 31 Dec 2018) are allowed to be registered to compete at a seniors meet. Melville Athletics Club Inc, otherwise known as Melville ROAR Seniors, is affiliated with Athletics WA, who conducts all athletics meets at the WA Athletics Stadium. All Melville Little Athletics athletes must register to compete at senior’s meets and for season 2018/2019 the cost will be $45, with a reduced meet fee of $18. The majority of senior’s competitions are conducted as twilights under lights at the WA Athletic Stadium, Stephenson Avenue, Mt Claremont. The calendar of events along with timetables of events can be found on the Athletics WA website – waathletics.org.au. You can compete at seniors in black shorts or bike style running pants and either the Melville ROAR competition singlet or a Melville ROAR crop-top. To purchase a top, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information regarding Melville seniors you can email the following emails – email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need more info about Seniors?
Seniors Contact: For information about Melville Roar senior athletics, please contact email@example.com
Important: Make sure you get your entries in for the WA States Champs. More info and to register visit the Athletics WA web site.
The Athletics WA’s Strive Track and Field Committee is responsible for programming and conducting of the Interclub Track & Field Competition in accordance with the IAAF and Athletics Australia Rules, and other rules as laid down by Athletics WA.
Athletes must sign in for track events at registration at least 45 minutes before their competition is due to begin. Athletes who fail to do so will not be able to compete. Athletes need to marshal to the start point of their event no later than 15 minutes before start time.
You must wear without exception the Melville ROAR competition top and black shorts or bike style running pants. You will not be allowed to compete if you are not wearing the correct Melville ROAR uniform and this will be strictly enforced. To purchase a top email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To maximise performance and prevent damage to the Mondo surface, athletes must not use sharp spikes that will penetrate the surface. The only spikes permitted for use on the track are of the Christmas Tree and Pyramid shape variety as pictured below. The composition of the spike, i.e. ceramic or metal, is irrelevant and will not be monitored.
For all training and competition the spikes must conform to the below rules;
- Track spikes must not exceed 7mm
- Field spikes must not exceed 9mm except for javelin & high jump which must not exceed 12mm
Athletes will need to register with Athletics WA, selecting Melville ROAR as the Club. Entries for weekly events close at midday the day prior to the competition.
You can collect your registration number from the Athletics WA office or on the day of competition itself. If collecting on competition day, please allow plenty of time for this to be done before your event.
The fees you have paid do not cover weekly completion at the stadium and are detailed at the following website: http://www.waathletics.org.au/News/2018-19-membership-fee-structure
Please check the AWA web site fro more information.
Athletes must wear their Athletics WA competition number on front and back unless doing high jump or pole vault.
Little Athletics Athletes wanting to compete at Seniors are welcome
Melville Little Athletes that are turning 12 years of age or older in year of competing are allowed to be registered to compete at a Seniors meet.
- If you would like to compete in additional athletic competitions and at a senior level for Melville Roar at the Athletics Stadium (Mt Clermont), please find details below to assist with registration and how to find further information.
- The Athletic WA website http://www.waathletics.org.au/ is one of your points of contact along with the senior sub-committee via the Melville Roar website http://melvilleroar.com/.
- If you would like any further information or have any questions, please go the Melville Roar Facebook page or to Melville Seniors contact email address – email@example.com.
- An additional email address – firstname.lastname@example.org is for LA’s that require any information about getting to senior’s competition.
- The fee structure can be found at http://www.waathletics.org.au/News/2018-19-membership-fee-structure and the events program, once available should be at http://www.waathletics.org.au/Participate/Competitions/Track-Field-Competition.
- We would encourage all new LA athletes wishing to go to senior competition to seek advice via the above contacts, prior to registering.