1. Final chance: Calling ALL u7 – U10 boys and girls - Team Challenge Rego
How do I register: It’s super easy. Just go and write your name on the notice board this Saturday
What is the Team Challenge on Sunday 16th November, 2014 all about?
Give your young athletes a chance to go and run on the same track that has seen many Olympians race on. Only resurfaced this year and in a super cool blue colour.
This fun new event was added to the calendar in 2012, and is open to U6, U7, U8, U9 and U10 athletes. The aim is to introduce our younger athletes to competition at the WA Athletics Stadium without too much pressure, by participating in a mixed age team event. Each team of four (YES – we can send more than 1 team per age group if we get the numbers) will compete in four events plus a shuttle relay throughout the day, in their age groups receiving points for each performance towards their overall team score. Funds raised go to the McGrath Foundation and we encourage everyone to wear pink for a good cause. AND one more thing…
All competitors will receive a show bag on the day!
- Long Jump
- Turbo Javelin (U6 – U8)
- Shot Put (U9-U10)
2. Reminder this Saturday morning will be the events as per Program 1.
- First marshall call is at 7:35am
- Weather forecast is looking to be sunny with a top of 25°
- Please remember hats and sun screen for both parents and little athletes
- Make sure you bring lots of water and healthy food to fuel your athletes during the days events
- Most importantly Little Athletics is all about family, fun and fitness
- THANKS to everyone who helped get us set up on time last Saturday and espeacially to those that helped even when not on Roster. Many hands make light work!
- Set up activities start at 7am sharp!
- Remember to sign on at the sign on table in front of the main building
We’ve had a great start to the season and Melville Little Athletics Club continues its tradition of producing some super performances. Congratulations to the following 3 girls for breaking records.
- U9 girls High Jump – Maya Kenny – 1.15m (Ellie Glands’ record -1.12m)
- U15 girls Javelin – Lara Ilievski – 37.21m (Ashlee Glands’record – 25.92 m)
- U16 girls Javelin – Ashlee Glands – 26.03m (E Calders’ record – 24.94)
Here’s Maya and Lara in action.
In October each year, LAA holds an annual National U15 camp over four days at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra. Athletes must achieve a qualification standard for the camp, and there are 20 positions available to each state. This is a great opportunity for athletes to be coached by some of Australia’s best coaches, and to receive expert training and education in a range of areas, both physical and theoretical.
Congratulations to these Melville athletes who have just returned from the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport) camp.
- Imogen Taylor
- Mikayla Johns
- Lara Ilievski
- Nathan George
- Cassia Boglio