The WA State All Schools Championships will be held over the weekend 31 Oct – 2 Nov. Good luck to the large number of Melville athletes that will be competing in very competitive fields. We hope that many of you make the team for Adelaide. Top 8 performances of registered Melville Roar athletes competing will be highlighted here. For program and full results please refer to the Athletics WA website.
PMH fundraising day is to raise funds for Princess Margaret Hospital. Gold coin donation for this year’s theme ‘Superhero’. Please ensure you attach your registration age and number to the front of your ‘superhero’ clothing.
Events as per Program 2.
- First marshal call is at 7:35am
- Weather forecast is looking to be a sensational sunny day with a top of 28°
- Please remember hats and sun screen for both parents and little athletes
- Make sure you bring lots of water and healthy food to fuel your athletes during the days events
- Most importantly Little Athletics is all about family, fun and fitness
- THANKS to everyone who helped get us set up on time last Saturday and especially to those that helped even when not on Roster. Many hands make light work!
- Set up activities start at 7am sharp!
- Remember to sign on at the sign on table in front of the main building
- If you are unsure about the rules for specific events that you are rostered on please ask your site official
- Ensure record markers are placed for all relevant events in ALL age groups
Another record by one of our juniors.
Congratulations to Aidan Harvey (9B) – High Jump – 1.13m (previous record holder was Toby Field 1.12m)
Full results are now available on the results page.
We’ve had a great start to the season and Melville Little Athletics Club continues its tradition of producing some super performances. Congratulations to the following 3 girls for breaking records.
- U9 girls High Jump – Maya Kenny – 1.15m (Ellie Glands’ record -1.12m)
- U15 girls Javelin – Lara Ilievski – 37.21m (Ashlee Glands’record – 25.92 m)
- U16 girls Javelin – Ashlee Glands – 26.03m (E Calders’ record – 24.94)
Here’s Maya and Lara in action.