Little Athletics Australia provides Personal Accident Insurance cover for all little athletes registered with a Melville Little Athletics Centre affiliated club and our officials and voluntary workers. This cover does not extend to spectators.
Details of any injury sustained at Little Athletics should be reported immediately to the First Aid Officer for Melville Little Athletics Centre. An injury form must be completed and forwarded to WA Little Athletics, within 30 days of the accident.
Cover for athletes is effective:
- when the athlete is engaged in Little Athletics competitions and training (officially organised and sanctioned by and under the control of WA Little Athletics, or a Little Athletics Centre, or a Club);
- when attending social functions officially organised by and under the control of WA Little Athletics, or a Little Athletics Centre, or a Club);
- when traveling directly to and from, either of the above.
Cover for officials and voluntary workers is effective:
- when a volunteer or official is actively involved in helping or officiating at a competition conducted by WA Little Athletics, or a Little Athletics Centre, or a Club
- when traveling directly to and from an activity conducted by WA Little Athletics, or a Little Athletics Centre, or a Club.
It should be noted that anyone who suffers an injury or accident, who is on the field but not officiating/helping, is not covered by this policy.
The following details regarding Personal Accident Insurance should also be noted:
- An excess of $50 applies to each injury
- The policy is for reimbursement only. That is, the member must pay the account and then claim reimbursement.
- The policy does not cover the shortfall between the reimbursement by Medicare and the total cost of the consultation. This shortfall is the responsibility of the injured party.
- The Medical Benefits Section refers to non-Medicare medical expenses such as ambulance, dental, private hospital and surgical expenses not claimable from Medicare.
- The policy has limitations on the amount payable for any one injury claim.
- Medical expenses will only be reimbursed by this policy if they are incurred within 52 weeks of the day of the injury.
To access further insurance details for Australian Little Athletics members, please visit our insurers website – www.willis.com.au/ala.
You can download a copy of the Personal Accident Claim Form – ALA Personal Claim Form.